A Society is registered as a Non Profit Organisation for the benefit of people at large. Societies can
be registered under the Act for the following purpose :
1. Charitable societies
2. Military Orphan Funds
3. Societies established for the promotion of science, literature, or the fine arts, dissemination
of useful knowledge, the dissemination of education, foundation or maintenance of libraries
or reading rooms for general purpose, museums and galleries of paintings and other works
of art etc.
Under the provisions of Income-tax Act, the income of Society is exempted from income tax subject
to the fulfillment of certain conditions.
Requirement for registration of Society :
1. Covering letter requesting for registration of Proposed Society.
2. Name of the Proposed Society (3-4 name required subjected to the availability)
3. Two Set of Bye Laws of proposed Society.
4. Minimum 7 Members are required from the State. For National Level Society, Minimum 9
Members are required out of which minimum 7 members shall be of form 7 different states.
5. PAN, Address Proof and Two Photograph required form each Member.
6. Address Proof of Registered office with Lease Deed/ Rent Agreement/ Sale Deed.
7. In Case of Rent agreement, NOC from the Landlord on Stamp Paper of Rs. 20/-.
We at Corp Juris assist the person who intended to register its Society. We range our service to our
clients from drafting of Bye Laws to its Annual Compliances and Maintenance.
For more information, get in touch with us